Looking for Van Hire in Cambridge?
CB Self Storage have teamed up with a couple of brilliant local van hire suppliers to offer you a discount!!!
What’s more if you are looking for van hire AND storage, CB Self Storage will often pay your van hire bill.
Fill in your details below, and one of our trusted suppliers will be in contact ASAP. Useful info…… van hire is often cheaper midweek, also some van hire companies have limited weekend opening hours so you might have to hire the van for the whole weekend, rather than just a day.
Key points to consider when hiring a van.
Who can drive the Van?
Age – Some companies have an age restriction for the driver, usually its 25 years old +.
Points – if you have 9+ points on your licence some companies do not let you hire.
What Documentation do I Need to Hire a Van in the UK?
Hiring a van is fairly straight forward, but you will need the following:
- You will always need to provide your driving licence.
- a credit or debit card for your excess deposit.
- Some companies also require a utility bill to prove your home address.
Be prepared and find out what you need to take with you beforehand.
Do Hire Vans Come with Insurance, or do I Need to Arrange my own Van Insurance?
It’s always worth shopping around for insurance, there is a great website called MoneyMaxum which compares different suppliers, its almost always cheaper doing it this way.
Hitting the Road
Speed Limits – Watch out, they are different for vans!
Single carriageways: 50mph – 10mph less than a car.
Dual carriageways: 60mph – 10mph less than a car.
Motorways: 70mph – the same as a car.
Van Size Restrictions
- Height: Most vans are at least 2m high ,and will not go under most car park height barriers.
- Make sure you know the height of your van, and keep an eye out for height restrictions.
- Width: Watch out for 6′ 6″ width restrictions. Luton vans will not fit through, and many panel vans will not either – and if they do, it will be very, very tight.
- Avoid these width restrictions wherever possible.